Licenses & Permits

Available Services

We DO NOT accept debit or credit cards. Check or cash only.

License/Permit Name


Dog License:

Dog Licenses are required for all dogs 6 months and older. A Rabies Certificate and a spay/neuter certificate (if applicable) must be presented when applying for license.

All Dog Licenses expire March 31st of each year. Renewal of licenses for the following year can be done beginning in March.

Business Certificates:

Any resident doing business in Georgetown should file a DBA Certificate with the Town Clerk’s Office. There is a $40.00 fee and it is good for 4 years.

Birth Certificates:

Birth Certificates may be obtained from the Town Clerk for all residents born in Georgetown, or whose parents were living in Georgetown at the time of birth. There is a $10.00 fee.

Death Certificates:

Death Certificates may be obtained from the Town Clerk for anyone who dies in the Town of Georgetown or was a resident of Georgetown at the time of their death. There is a $10.00 fee.

Marriage License:

The prospective parties must fill out an Intention of Marriage Form and a Record of Social Security Numbers. The license is issued three (3) working days after the intentions are filed. The license is then valid in any municipality in Massachusetts for a period of 60 days from the date the intentions are filed. Both parties must appear together to file an intention license. The cost to file an intention is $25.00 and $10.00 for each certified copy of the marriage certificate once it is recorded with the Town.


The cost to file an intention is $25.00

Certified copies of the completed license may be obtained from the Town Clerk for a fee of $10.00.


If an out-of-state member of the clergy is to perform the ceremony, the clergy member must obtain a Certificate of Authorization from the Massachusetts Secretary of State prior to the ceremony. This certificate, which is issued by the Public Records Division of the Office of the Secretary of State (617-727-2836), is to be attached to the original license and returned to the Town Clerk where the license was issued.