EFFECTIVE 2014 - You must present a valid Rabies Certificate, veterinarian's proof of spay or neuter (if applicable) and:
- $10.00 cash or check (spayed or neutered) or $15.00 (intact)
- March 1st to May 31st Fee listed above
- June 1st to June 30th Fee listed above plus a $10.00 late fee
- July 1st to July 31st Fee listed above plus a $15.00 late fee
- Anytime after August 1st Fee listed above plus a $25.00 late fee
ALL DOG LICENSES RUN FROM APRIL 1ST OF THE CURRENT YEAR AND EXPIRE ON MARCH 31ST OF THE FOLLOWING YEAR. THE GRACE PERIOD FOR LATE FEES IS WAIVED UNTIL JUNE 1ST BUT TECHNICALLY YOUR DOG IS UNLICENSED AFTER MARCH 31ST.
You can license by mail. Please enclose a check payable to the Town of Georgetown a current rabies certificate & proof of spay or neuter (which will be returned to you with the tag) and a SASE. ALL dogs 6 months and older are required by MA Law to be licensed.
This years rabies clinic will be held on Saturday April 7th from 1-3 PM at the Highway Department which is located at 203 East Main Street.
Dogs (on leashes) & cats( in carriers) ONLY.
Please bring current rabies certificates with you. The cost is $10.00 per animal. Both Georgetown residents and non-residents are welcome.
Derek Jones is our Animal Control Officer. He can be reached at the Police Department at 978-352-5705 for animal complaints or concerns.